Easy Chicken Tacos
January calls for fresh, healthy and zingy recipes to reinvigorate and refresh after the festive season. This flavour-packed taco dish ticks all the boxes. A combination of chicken, mint, avocado and pineapple make this a winning choice for the whole family.
10 Honeywell’s boneless chicken thighs with lemon and chilli glaze or red chilli glaze for a spicier kick
8 taco shells
Half a pineapple sliced into rings
1 red chilli (remove seeds if you don’t like it too hot)
A few sprigs of fresh mint (reserving some for the yoghurt drizzle)
Half a red onion
Half a lime
Salt and black pepper to season
200ml plain yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Add the chicken thighs to an ovenproof dish and bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile prep your salsa. Preheat grill. Lay pineapple slices on the grill tray and pop under the grill and keep turning until they have started to char on both sides.
- Remove pineapple, leave to cool slightly and then dice into small bite-sized chunks.
- Dice the avocado into similar-sized pieces as the pineapple.
- Finely chop the chilli, onion and mint and add to a bowl.
- Add the pineapple and avocado chunks, squeeze over the lime juice, season to taste and gently mix together.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and allow to cool slightly before using two forks to pull the meat apart until it’s shredded. Make sure to mix a little of the excess glaze in too.
- Add the rest of the chopped mint to the yoghurt and season lightly.
- Now it’s time for assembly – let everyone tuck in to build their own tasty taco!
Recipe courtesy of Honeywell’s