Today’s top pick from Chelsea Flower Show is the garden co-designed by the Dutchess of Cambridge called, ‘Back to Nature’.
Using green, wild leafy plants and dramatic trees as its foundation, this garden is a blank canvas for your imagine to run wild. ‘Back to Nature’ is filled with so many sensory elements that encourages creative play and stimulates the mind. It’s the perfect setting for children and adults alike to dream up their own fairytale and play Kings and Queens!
Here are a few starting points for creating your very own ‘Back to Nature’ garden:
1) Garden Ferns
- Ferns are a great way of adding texture and interest to a garden. They are low maintenance and thrive in shady conditions, perfect for under planting and creating that natural, full effect.
2) Fatasia japonica ‘Spiders Web’
- These large stretching spider shaped evergreen leaves edged in a spooky white are a must for interest and your imagination.
3) Birch Trees
- Towering Birch trees are perfect for creating shelter, truly separating your garden from the outside world.
4) Fairy Ornaments
- For that added magical touch, you can’t go wrong with ornamental objects, especially if they are fairies!