Shine a Light on Shade
It’s becoming increasingly common for gardens to become shaded by near-by building and trees. It opens the opportunity to find shade-tolerant plants! We can help you to shine a light on shade!
Transform any shaded area of your outdoor space or garden into a vibrant, flourishing array. With our expert advice, we can help your plants thrive in low-light environments and add beauty and tranquillity to your garden oasis.
Follow our easy steps:
Know Your Shade...
- Choose plants that suit your garden.
- Partial shade is 2 to 4 hours of sun a day.
- Anything less than 2 hours of sun is deep shade.
Provide the Best Start...
- Plant a metre or more away from trees, shrubs or walls.
- Enrich soil with manure and apply mulch to retain moisture.
- We recommend Vitax Q4 All Purpose Premium Plant Food.
- Use trellis on walls to create height with climbers.
- Consider adding seating, statues, mirrors or lighting.
- Underplant trees with bulbs in partial shade areas.