Here at Barton Grange, we LOVE Lavender. As well as being gorgeous to look at and fabulous for attracting Bees – Lavender also has some great health benefits. So we’ve put together this handy step-by-step guide on how to create your own essential oil from Lavender.
- Strip the foliage and flowers and finely cut into a clear jar until ¾ full.
- Add a teaspoon of alcohol (vodka) and stir in, then add olive oil to the top.
- Place on a sunny windowsill for 4 weeks, topping up the oil every week.
- Then drain into another jar by using a funnel with a muslin cloth.
- Add a few drops to your bath and relax.