We like to think it’s pretty green! We know we’re situated in a lovely part of Lancashire and we want to do our best to preserve its natural beauty. As you can see, right, we incorporated some really exciting ‘green’ elements when we built the Garden Centre.
But first, the serious stuff. We have a strong commitment to minimising the impact our business has on the environment. Our Environmental Policy outlines how we intend to achieve this and is constantly under review by our Environment Committee.
You can read our Environmental Policy in full below but, in a nutshell, it outlines our commitment to:
– Comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation.
– Minimise our waste and reuse or recycle as much of it as possible.
– Minimise energy and water usage, in our buildings and processes.
– Sell a range of products that are environmentally friendly and provide clear, accurate information about them to enable our customers to make ‘green choices’.
– Always assess the environmental impact of any services or processes we use or intend to introduce.
– Ensure all our staff understand our Environmental Policy and encourage them to contribute to its continuing development.
– Update our Environmental Policy at least annually in consultation with staff, suppliers and customers.