If you have always wanted to create landscape paintings from your photographs but you don’t know where to start then come along and learn how to create stunning paintings from your own photographs.
You will be working with Graham Lowe a working artist who has over 20 years’ experience in teaching art in adult education. The workshop is open to anyone from total beginner to the more experienced painter. During the morning session you will be shown how to use a range of painting techniques following a step by step demonstration”.
You will then use your own landscape images as a starting point to create unique paintings. Graham will guide the group through each stage and there will be lots of one to one help.
We will work with acrylic paints to capture the changing light and mood in landscape.
Please bring along:
- A selection of landscape photographs
- Acrylic paints: System 3 are a good student quality. I recommend the following colours: Titanium white, ultramarine blue, cobalt blue, yellow ochre, cadmium yellow, burnt sienna, crimson and burnt umber.
- A range of brushes for acrylic paints: 1inch flat, 1/2inch flat and a small round for fine detail. Pro-arte or System 3 are good quality brushes and relatively inexpensive.
- An A4 book of watercolour or cartridge paper or 6 lose sheets
- A palette, water container, masking tape, kitchen roll and newspaper to cover the tables.
The price of this workshop is £22 per person, this includes tea or coffee. To book a place please contact Barton Grange Garden Centre: Tel 01995 642980
Visit Graham’s website www.grahamloweartist.com to see his artwork.