If you love the wonderful paintings of the Impressionists then come along and learn how to create your own landscapes in that very painterly style. We will work with acrylic paints to capture the changing light and mood.
You will be working with Graham Lowe a working artist who has over 20 years’ experience in teaching art in adult education. Visit Graham’s website www.grahamloweartist.com for more information and examples of Graham’s work.
Each one day workshop stands alone and is open to anyone from total beginner to the more experienced painter. Graham said “during the session we will examine the painting above by Claude Monet. We will use the painting as a starting point to create a painterly landscape. I will guide the group through each stage, step by step.”
Please bring along:
- A selection of acrylic paints: System 3 are a good student quality. I recommend the following colours: Titanium white, ultramarine blue, cobalt blue, yellow ochre, cadmium yellow, burnt sienna, crimson and burnt umber.
- A range of brushes for acrylic paints: 1inch flat, 1/2inch flat and a small round for fine detail. Pro-arte or System 3 are good quality brushes and relatively inexpensive.
- Two sheets of A3 watercolour or cartridge paper
- A palette, water container, roll of masking tape and kitchen roll
- Newspaper to cover the tables.
The price of this workshop is £23 per person. This includes tea or coffee.
To book a place please contact Barton Grange Garden Centre: Tel 01995 642980 or by visiting the tills area.