A Beginners Introduction to Colour Theory is the next step after the Beginners Introduction to Oil Painting. This a one day Workshop with Chris Mcloughlin and is aimed at those students who would like to have a better understanding of colour and how it works. Whether you are an Oil Painter or Water-colourist, this offers you the opportunity to truly investigate each pigment’s different characteristics and how to utilise classical colour knowledge with modern colour knowledge.
During the day we will cover:
• An explanation of the tools and materials you use and their purpose
• How to plan your painting
• How to organise your palette for colour mixing
• Create Colour charts for future reference
• How to mix tone and evaluate a colour tonal range correctly
• How to choose your colours and judge their value in creating colour harmonies
• How to create a simple painting in Oil using colour and exploring the benefits of painting directly from observation
• How to clean your oil painting tools correctly
The cost of the workshop is £75 per person. The price includes tea and coffee along with all the tools and materials but please wear old clothes or a painting pinny and bring a box with you to transport your painting home in. There will be a break for lunch from 12.30pm to 1.15pm but please note lunch is not provided.
Places are limited so please book in advance to avoid disappointment.
You can book by visiting Chris Mcloughlin’s website at https://chrismcloughlin.co.uk/oil-painting-class/oil-painting-workshops/ and scrolling down to the Barton Grange section.